Tuesday, March 2, 2010

ICE PRINCESS



I haven't really been focusing much on the A/W shows. Should I be? A lot of them seem to be missing the point to me, and right now I'm more interested in thinking about Spring anyway. Spring! If only! Today it was actually a temperature somewhere around 'melting,' but I'm sure we can count on at least a few more weeks of icy conditions.

Scout just put up a bunch of new Diana Orving pieces, and they're truly thrilling me, especially the suspended ruffle-back jacket and ESPECIALLY the drop-crotch leggings...

Okay, who am I trying to kid; variations on the theme of drop-crotch leggings and big scarves have comprised my day-in-day-out wardrobe for at least the past few weeks. Like I said a few posts ago, all the mini lengths and Naugahyde faux-'70s detailing is turning the shows this season into a steady stream of impossible Designer Impostors. This looks like a reasonable alternative...

No comments: