Tuesday, February 22, 2011

WEIRD SCIENCE

Whoa! So right after hitting post on that last entry, I did a little Google image search on liquid crystals. I was intrigued when I read in Style.com's review that the Kanes were inspired to come up with 'a textile that's never been used' in their new collection. Turns out... they were totally scooped!

Check out this 2007 article on Cleveland-based technology firm AlphaMicron Inc. In addition to the hybrid sunglass/goggles with color-changing liquid crystal lenses, this dress with liquid-filled fringe is currently blowing my mind.




According to the article, they hadn't yet gone into production in 2007. I'm thinking that for A/W 2011, their time has finally come.

2 comments:

Laura Morrigan said...

definetly time! these look amazing, the colours and texture!

-blessed b9, Catalyst4Christ said...

Coming to my BIG-ol,
John Belushi, party-hardy,
extraordinary-exponential-exactly
Seventh-Heaven which is
eternal pleasure-beyond-measure?

Do you...
1) love God?
2) love your neighbor?
Cya Upstairs.