Saturday, September 5, 2009

CRISIS OF CONSCIENCE




This Undercover dress is up for grabs, courtesy of Mandie, along with some other clothes fit for swooping around in.

I'm still thinking about what kind of clothes I'm interested in for this season... it's still really warm out here, so I've mostly been just going around in the same knotted tanks and Frankenstein boots as ever. Pretty soon it's going to be time to break out the jackets and layers, though--and I'm pretty psyched. But can I also say I'm getting tired of every piece of clothing, whether it's from Alexander Wang, Urban Outfitters, or Forever 21, being cropped and bleached and Riot Grrled to death? It's just gotten kind of overblown. Some designers, like Jun Takahashi, don't have to work at being retro or faux-punky to be really startling and interesting. So in my opinion, this fall should be less pre-ripped jeans, more Mylar survival blanket-cum-jacket...

No comments: